Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed A (Probbably ok or bad depending on your point of view) way to deal with rulebreakers in vsh/ff2

MB62

Unremarkable
So, its no secret i have some salt stored deep in my soul when i play this game mode and run into the odd camper or someone who delays but banning a person for breaking the rules once is kind of a bad idea since it would just make people leave the server.

So while i was cooling off playing something other than tf2 and going to other vsh servers i saw how 2 admins reacted there and had some ideas of how to react to rulebreakers.

Honestly i dont know the official handbook when it comes to bans or kicks in this game mode and in no way am i saying my way is the best way, these are just ideas i have on how to deal with several situations when it comes to rulebreakers and the occasional smart ass.

So lets get into this shingding

0. RPS is ok.
Ok ok you can put the pitchforks down rps is fine.

Serious listing this time.

1, Refusing to fight the boss as red.
Ok here we have the classic situation that basically applies to friendlies and campers, Yes taunting briefly to get crits is ok, yes camping as sniper in some perch is ok so long as your doing damage and same goes for engi, BUT. If the engi decides "im gonna sit in the corner and wait for the boss to find me" kinda not ok man, The point of engi is either A. Support your team with nests that actively do damage to the boss, B. Stun locking the boss so your team can do damage.

Iv seen cases where Engis that have camped in boxed rooms revive a warning to fight the boss and if they say Nope.avi thinking its k to hide in their safe corner and such they get slain then a class ban for the next 2 rounds and banned from being the boss.

And before you say "oh no 2 rounds is too long!?!? BAD ADMIN XDXDXDXD" Iv seen two rounds at minimum be at least 5-10 min depending on the skill of the players and the boss respectively so its not a big deal.

2. Friendlies.
So you thing having a conga party to delay the round is fun? Welp try again, On the last VSH server i was on today i saw an admin handle this very well (or bad depending on your point of view). He simply gave a warning for the 3 players who were being friendly to fight and when they refused they were slain and their cue points reset to 0 and banned from being a boss. simple.

3. Being friendly as the boss/delaying the round as the boss
This iv seen happen way to much and honestly its tho most salt saturated part of this app and yes i am admiring it so the memers can single me out but i dont care.

2 or 3 people join the server, one becomes the boss and the other 2 go hide in a corner or "pretend" to fight the boss, meanwhile the boss is killing anyone refusing to be friendly and welp. a simple 5 min lovely round of ff2/vsh suddenly becomes an almost 30min eating fest for those who actually want to play the game.

Solution? single out the involved parties and provide a simple choose, either accept a boss ban, ban from reviving points for the next 4 rounds of the game, or get kicked from the server for intentionally delaying the round and hiding behind RPS or taunting to get crits.

This really gets on my nerves and technically breaks all 3 rules. on Blackwonder only an admin report can take something like this on and honestly theres no concrete way for dealing with this, if a situation like this pops up a ban may be needed if the same group of friends may get banned from the server and if the entire server thinks being friendly is ok then a round and point reset may be in order.

This way everyone's points are reset to 0 and a random person will be chosen from the bunch.

4. Abusing the !calladmin command
Iv seen a culture amongst the people develop that has been rather toxic in my opinion, the point of this command is to call a mod to the server (and maybe follow the tips i gave.) to the server and get the good vibes flowing again but with a scarcity of admins its clear what happens.

Rulebreaker breaks a rule, like hes camping and someone does !calladmin in a responsible manner but then all hell breaks loose. The person who made the report is either insulted by normal players (and donors) for clearly being a good boy and being responsible then everyone on the server decides "lets use !calladmin to get him kicked!" or a donator uses their commands to get rid of the good boy.

This needs to stop really and if encountered then simply mute and reset the offenders cue points, if they continue then thats a ban in my opinion, Making false reports to get an innocent party banned from the server just because they dont like you breaking the rules is not ok and never should be.

Final notes and such.

Welp thats what i had to say for the evening. maybe ill get several downvotes but meh i dont really know, maybe the admins will look at this and thing "thats pretty gooooood." or this thread will be ignored entirely and no one will see it. But iv said my opinion and maybe, just maybe, something will come out of it.

Anyhow all criticism is welcome, id love to hear your dudes opinion on the matter especially fellow vsh/ff2 players.

Pootis

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Most of that stuff is common sense, already in the rules or optional. Is your suggestion meant to add this stuff to the rules or...?

MB62

Unremarkable
Most of that stuff is common sense, already in the rules or optional. Is your suggestion meant to add this stuff to the rules or...?
Gotcha, its just iv never seen this in practice on the server and thought id give my opinion is all, Maybe give donators (who are trusted) with cue point reseting powers?

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom