Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted A Lazy appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trance

Strange
Greetings! I realized upon joining tonight that I have been banned from one of your servers for supposed aim assist. I saw the demo someone submitted so I thought I would submit my own of the gameplay. I always record demos when I play nowadays just incase a situation like this occurs.

I have been playing this game on and off for about 8 years. Have 2700 hrs+ on record 1700 hrs which were on sniper and used to be one of the top members of a TF2 sniping clan. If I was hacking would it not be reasonable to assume that I would be vac-banned already on this account.

PS this is the entire game so it's pretty long

Attachments

• black.dem
    83.1 MB · Views: 303

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Explain how you manage to get kills without aiming and how your crosshair goes weirdly when you get a kill you weren't aiming for?

Also note that we have banned accounts with hacks because not all are tracked down and banned by VAC.

Trance

Strange
Pretty simple, Demo's are 16 tick and spectator mode does not show you exactly what the other person see's. You can see the differences in my demo and the other demo in terms of how smooth it is and crosshair placement relative to shots. Spectator and taking demo's is good for obvious hackers. But when it comes to differentiating skill from hack. It is wholly inadequate. Tell me did I trip any automated hack detection? The answer to that is probably no. And btw most shots you were mentioning are flick shots so yes in a 16 tick demo from a spec, it would look like that.

Also when I mentioned VAC I also said that it had some 2700 hrs through 7-8 years to "track me down" and it did not.

Tickrate is the rate, at which the server can "see" things which change. That means on 64 Tick Server that 1 second reallife is 64 ticks. That means that all calculations are barely done 64 times per second. The Tickrate for all TF2 servers is 66 source https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I am having other admins looking into it too. But some hacks are not to be tracked by VAC. No matter how many hours you have in the game.

Trance

Strange
What would using fraps do other than lower the frames considerably, I am talking sub 20. Not to mention the gigantic file sizes. Even then it would show the same thing

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I watched up until tick [10000] with glow_outline_effect_enable 1 , but saw absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, aside from when you miss a stationary pyro. At this point I realized how long the actual demo was, so I skipped to [620000] and watched until the end. There is one nice really nice headshot streak right as the final round comes to a close, but they were all easy shots on a level terrain and are non-suspicious.

This is my vote for outright innocence here
Seen both demos? No. Did you ask me what I saw that made me think he is hacking? No. Maybe it's time you do.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Seen both demos? No. Did you ask me what I saw that made me think he is hacking? No. Maybe it's time you do.

Nope - just the one in the appeal itself which I assumed was the one grabbed off of sourcebans.

Disregard then, I don't have any information on the matter.

Trance

Strange
No this was the demo that I record every time I hop in a server. Not the one that I was reported with. I posted it to show the difference between a spectator demo and an in eyes demo. Also regarding Fraps. You may be able to run it fine but not everyone can. For me personally I get around 14-16 fps when using it which makes the game virtually unplayable. And if you wanted me to record my demo with Fraps, again I ask what is the point?

It seems you have a problem with taking a demo with Fraps... My machine was built in 2010 and it runs it just fine. I think personally you are hiding something. I've already answered your question with why I would like to see a demo with Fraps, and again I will answer that. Simply to see you play, and see what you are seeing on your screen. Plain & Simple.

Trance

Strange
its not 3 gigs... its 95 mbs. Then why ask for a Fraps demo if you were never going to consider it?

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, after looking at the demos, some are suspicous but can be plausible. We will keep an eye on you for now.

Can you please post your SteamID below? @Trance

We do have a format for a reason...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom