Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined a killjoy's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
Username: a killjoy

Name
a killjoy

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? No

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Tennessee, USA. Im not going to get more specific than that for privacy reasons

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:155808379

Your DiscordID
a killjoy#0953

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on the Blackwonder trade minecraft servers quite a bit, but im mainly applying for the Jailbreak servers. I would gladly moderate both though. (Im also not very sure if i have to be very specific on what exact servers i want to moderate)

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I simply wish to help the community with the mic spamming problems, and the annoying freekillers in jailbreak. I also do hate the mic spammers in trade servers.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Chig Bungus

Ash Shaw (recently became mod)
How often do you play TF2?
Its literally what i mostly play nowadays, so basically every day (unless im busy with school)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
[Both trading servers and jailbreak servers]

Chat spam: 1. Warning 2. 30 min gag 3. 1 hour gag 4. 12 hour gag 5. 2 day gag (If he doesnt stop by the 4th gag, he has no intention of stopping)

Mic spam: 1. Warning 2. 30 min mute 3. 1 hour mute 4. 12 hour mute 5. 2 day mute (Same reason for gag)

Cheating: Instant perm ban, non-negotiateable (Unless it was proven he wasnt cheating)

Racism. 1. 5 min silence (with a warning) 2. 30 min silence 3. 1 hour silence 4. 6 hour silence. If he doesnt stop, on his 5th offense its a 3 day silence. Im not lenient at all when it comes to racism.

Toxicity: 1. Warning 2. 30 min silence 3. 1 hour silence. 4. 5 hour silence 5. 12 hour silence

NSFW sprays/objector: Perm sprayban

[Trading servers]

Sharking/Scamming: Perm ban (with evidence)

False Accusations of Sharking/Scamming: Perm ban (Unless the person is new and doesnt understand the meaning behind sharking/scamming)

Map exploiting: 1. Warning + kick 2. 1 hour ban 3. 6 hour ban 4. 1 week ban 5. 1 month ban 6. 2 month ban 7. 1 year ban 8. Perm ban

(I dont think there are anymore rules that really stand out from the usual)

[Jailbreak Servers]

Talking over warden: 1. Warning 2. 30 min mute 3. 1 hour mute 4. 4 hour mute 5. 12 hour mute (only doubles after 5th offense)

Sticky traps:

Red: 1. Warning 2. Slay+warning 3. 30 min ban 4. 1 hour ban 5. 3 hour ban 6. 12 hour ban

Blue: 1. Warning 2. Slay+warning 3. 30 min teamban 4. 1 hour teamban 5. 3 hour teamban 6. 12 hour teamban

Armoury camping:

Blue: 1. Warning 2. Slay+Warning 3. 30 min Team ban 4. 1 hour Teamban 5. 6 hour teamban 6. 12 hour teamban 7. 1 day teamban 8. 1 week teamban

Red: 1. Warning 2. Slay+Warning 3. 30 min ban 4. 1 hour ban 5. 6 hour ban 6. 12 hour ban 7. 1 day ban 8. 1 week ban

Ghosting: 1. 5 min gag + Warning 2. 30 min gag + Warning 3. 2 hour gag 4. 12 hour gag 5. 2 day gag 6. 1 week gag 7. 1 month gag (It goes on to the 15th offense where its a perma gag, I do not really believe in perma gags, but if they dont learn from the 15th time, then you do what you must)

Exploiting: 1.Kick + warning 2. 12 hour ban + warning 3. 3 day ban 4. 1 week ban 5. 2 week ban 6. 1 month ban 7. 3 month ban 8. Perm ban

No mic: Perm teamban until validated

Freekill: 1.Warning + Slay 2. 1 hour teamban 3. 6 hour teamban 4. 1 day teamban 5. 1 week teamban 6. 1 month teamban

Mass freekill: 1. 2 week teamban 2. 1 month teamban 3. 4 month teamban 4. 1 year teamban 5. Perm teamban (If the amount of people killed is less than 7, then the time is cut in half, and the 7th offense is a perm teamban. I figured a perm teamban first offense is too harsh.)

Away from warden without permission: 1. Slay and warning 2. 30 min teamban 3. 2 hour teamban 4. 6 hour teamban 5. 1 day teamban 6. 1 week teamban 7. 1 month teamban

Anything else i forgot to mention is most likely going to fall under the same procedures as freekilling but a little more lenient

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have probably been toxic in the past, and thats a major my bad on my part. I apologize for any unneccessary toxicity in the past. I have learned from my mistakes and I now wish to help the community. I also do have quite a bit of experience of punishing people with donor. I dont have any bans of donor abuse on my record. I hope my application gets accepted so i can help the jailbreak community. If you have ever been on US/LA jailbreak, you can tell that it's in a terrible position. Its derived of staff to moderate it, and thats what i wish to do.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Chig Bungus

Positively Inhumane
Hey Killjoy, great to see you're applying for staff. I'm going to go over your general application as well as general punishments and trade punishments.

NSFW sprays/objector: 1. Warning 2. 1 week spray ban (If they keep it up, 3rd offense is another warning then a perm spray ban)
Spraybans are permanent on first offense.

False Accusations of Sharking/Scamming: Perm ban (Unless the person is new and doesnt understand the meaning behind sharking/scamming)
We never permanently ban someone for making accusations like this, normally just a simple mute or gag will suffice if they continue this behavior with no evidence.

I have only known you for quite some time, but I have had no quarrels with you on the trade server. You are pretty well aware of rules on said server and DM me to let me know if there are rulebreakers on when I am not online.

On top of that, no prior punishments are recorded with your SteamID, which is always good. I have one question however. How would you respond to somebody revealing undercover staff members? Best of luck on your application

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
Spraybans are permanent on first offense.

I personally just dont agree with permanently spraybanning someone on first offense, when they probably didn't know it was against the rules to have a NSFW spray. Im a strong believer in second chances. Maybe 2nd offense perm spray ban, but i just don't think people should get spray banned first offense for an accident, ya know?

Also as for your question, how i would respond to someone revealing undercover staff members, I would gag + warn the person who revealed the staff member on the first offense(gag will be 1 hour long), 2nd offense i would gag them for 6 hours, 3rd offense i would gag them for a week. and 4th offense would be a month gag. 5th offense would be a 3 month gag and 6th would be a perm gag. That may be a little harsh, but undercover admins are there to do a job, not to get spotted and have to deal with the whole server knowing there's an admin. Then, no one will break rules until the admins leave.

Also thanks for wishing me luck on my application!

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Hi killjoy, just wanted to mention that even though you do seem to have a general understanding of the rules but there has been a few occasions recently where you have argued with me other quite simple jailbreak rules such as starting a minigame when warden tells you to go to it.
1610418386772.png

1610418418046.png

1610418513611.png

Like I said though, you do have a good general understanding of the rules and often remind people of the them so I wish you luck with your application but try and respect that some people have been playing on these servers for a long time and might know what they are talking about.

Edit: just wanted to take a quick look at your punishment section while I'm here.

Sticky traps: 1. Warning 2. Slay+warning 3. Teamban/ban 30 mins 4. Teamban/ban 1 hour 5. Teamban/ban 3 hours 6. Teamban/ban 12 hours

Armoury camping: 1. Warning 2. Slay+Warning 3. 30 min Team ban 4. 1 hour Teamban 5. 6 hour teamban 6. 12 hour teamban 7. 1 day teamban 8. 1 week teamban
Why would you teamban someone for doing these things when they can do it both on red and blue side?
Ghosting: 1. 5 min gag + Warning
We don't do punishments for this short amount of time, 5 minutes isn't even a full round.
No mic: Perm ban until validated
I'm assuming you mean teamban here? We don't ban for not having a mic.
Mass freekill: Perm teamban non-negotiateable (If they mass freekill, they most likely have no intent to actually play the game)
You say that you don't like other permanent punishments but then you permanently tban for mass freekill? What makes this different from other permanent punishments and what if they did it by accident or as a result of misunderstanding the rules?

Also, how would you punish someone for abusing calladmin or calling out an undercover staff member?

Last edited:

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
Hi killjoy, just wanted to mention that even though you do seem to have a general understanding of the rules but there has been a few occasions recently where you have argued with me other quite simple jailbreak rules such as starting a minigame when warden tells you to go to it.
Yes, I actually do remember us having an argument on that. I had originally thought that the warden had to say start for the reds to start. That was the case with a lot of wardens. But I read the rules when you mentioned it in-game and you were right. (Not sure if I said that in game)

Like I said though, you do have a good general understanding of the rules and often remind people of the them so I wish you luck with your application but try and respect that some people have been playing on these servers for a long time and might know what they are talking about.

Edit: just wanted to take a quick look at your punishment section while I'm here.

Why would you teamban someone for doing these things when they can do it both on red and blue side?
I will fix that after replying to you.

We don't do punishments for this short amount of time, 5 minutes isn't even a full round.

Well I think of 5 minutes on the first offense a warning before way more harsher punishments. But I’ll fix that too.
I'm assuming you mean teamban here? We don't ban for not having a mic.
Yeah I meant teamban, typo is all

You say that you don't like other permanent punishments but then you permanently tban for mass freekill? What makes this different from other permanent punishments and what if they did it by accident or as a result of misunderstanding the rules
Well, as for anyone who mass freekills, I simply have zero empathy for them. I allow an exception to anyone who mass freekills, because just like what my application says, ‘if they mass freekill they most likely have no intent to actually play the game’. I believe firmly in this quote.

Also, how would you punish someone for abusing calladmin or calling out an undercover staff member?

Same thing I said with Chig Bungus.

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
I am glad you are being more active on discord, but this is not the type of activity that I hoped to find. https://discord.com/channels/140896596152811520/215860920583192586/810786916819402763
Well as to that guy, I wasn't toxic at all to him. In fact, he was ghosting and before he got gagged for it he called me an asshole (chat logs) and left a bad comment on my profile. The only reason i said he would lose the report was because I wasn't toxic at all towards him, it was very much the opposite. Im not really worried about that cause i know im in the right.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Well as to that guy, I wasn't toxic at all to him. In fact, he was ghosting and before he got gagged for it he called me an asshole (chat logs) and left a bad comment on my profile. The only reason i said he would lose the report was because I wasn't toxic at all towards him, it was very much the opposite. Im not really worried about that cause i know im in the right.

The issue is that you publicly responded this way, not whether you were correct or not. This is important because these types of responses lead to my DMs filling up with complaints about staff. If you had been a mod, there is a good chance several people would have grabbed proverbial pitchforks and flooded my DMs about it.

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
The issue is that you publicly responded this way, not whether you were correct or not. This is important because these types of responses lead to my DMs filling up with complaints about staff. If you had been a mod, there is a good chance several people would have grabbed proverbial pitchforks and flooded my DMs about it.
True, i should have responded a bit better, maybe i should have simply told him that he could report me, but if they are going to report a staff (or me if i become staff) then they should go straight to the fourms instead of dming an admin about that. Which should lead to a block really. I recommend putting an automated message in chat for that, and it saying where they could go to report bad admins or donor abusers, etc. I will try to avoid these responses in the future, but i do recommend the automated message.

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
Speaking of that fellow in discord earlier, why did you mute them for ghosting?
That was an accident, i had meant to gag him as i did a few minutes later after i muted him. I was caught up with deciding on if to gag him or not and so i wasn't paying attention on what command i was using. Kirito actually laughed at me for muting him which made me realize i did the wrong command.

a killjoy

Scarcely Lethal
I am kinda curious about this https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-dumbass-jailbreak.28489/#post-107480 , but I can't actually expect you to be able to explain what happen during a random vote.
Well I don't actually have a recorded clip for that because i didn't think it was neccessary, because at the time I didn't think anyone would actually report it (I don't do reports) but maybe checking chat logs would be all the proof you need. But from my word, the guy was just forcing freedays multiple times, and he never spoke, leading me to believe he didn't have a mic. He kept forcing warden so it would be a freeday every round as said by the vote.

As for these, its genuinely sad how many Freekillers and mic spammers there are in jailbreak, and i don't just randomly hand out vote tbans/vote mutes for no reason. I doubt i have evidence for them all but i for sure have evidence for atleast one. Being the only donor on US jailbreak sometimes sucks, and tiring at that. But i bet half of those vote Tbans, someone has made a report on them. Only reason i want to be a mod for jailbreak, is to lessen the amount of Freekillers and mic spammers in it. Like if you ever just hop into a jailbreak server (preferably US) you will see what i mean, and you will see how many rule breakers there are. And the vote system is so easy to bypass, all you have to do is leave and rejoin. Its annoying, which why i wish to become a mod. I am really active and im usually on everyday, and usually on when most staff/donors aren't.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I discussed your application with several team members including those you listed on your app. It is universally agreed that now is not a good time to bring you on. Thank you for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom