Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined A donor like perk for people who have been playing on blw servers for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarelortiz

Strange
The idea is from Gamus (not sure if he suggested it or not), a perk maybe like donor for people that have been playing on the servers or a while.Sometimes we (Gamus and I) play on jb servers and we hate it when rule breakers are on and we cant do anything about it.People that freekill people on blue with no mics and etc, it could be like a loyalty system and if your really loyal you get the perks to help the server (also maybe factors like if you've been donator in the past and helped around could raise how loyal you and bans or being reported could lower it). It would be a way for us to help if we cant afford to donate and keep the severs fun and clean (of rule breakers).

D

Deleted member 2120

I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, public votes, they can be easily abused. On the other hand, people who have played a long time tend to be loyal and wouldn't abuse it. But there will most likely be a lot of abuse.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

I say no because what about the people who paid good money for their perks and someone else recives them without donating, I feel thats a bit unjust.

Overkill

a byte
This is a really hard one in my opinion. On one hand I agree with you that people who play a lot should get a new perk (like donor) but on the other hand, when someone donates, they are giving money to the server to improve itself and donator perks are a way of thanks I guess you can call it. I mean If you like the server a lot and want to help, just save up 2$ and donate, or go all the way and get the donor+.

Also, I think what you are thinking of are Moderators, and I know a couple of servers that have them. It works out well since it evens up the times when admins can't get on. Besides, we already have the report system which works out fine. As well as discord for fast response. Ultimately It's up to the staff and bene to give their final approval.

In conclusion, perks for old-timers are on the *not sure* side, but maybe Mod's with applications can fix the trust issue. This should be its own thread but nah.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
The idea is from Gamus (not sure if he suggested it or not), a perk maybe like donor for people that have been playing on the servers or a while.Sometimes we (Gamus and I) play on jb servers and we hate it when rule breakers are on and we cant do anything about it.People that freekill people on blue with no mics and etc, it could be like a loyalty system and if your really loyal you get the perks to help the server (also maybe factors like if you've been donator in the past and helped around could raise how loyal you and bans or being reported could lower it). It would be a way for us to help if we cant afford to donate and keep the severs fun and clean (of rule breakers).
Gamus is known for micspamming, so nah...

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
If you gave loyal users anything, it would have to be something donors did not already have access to and both donors and regular users would have to be able to access it.

Give people who haven't paid the same perks as donors purely for playing a long time and people will stop buying donor.

It also shouldn't be anything that can affect the game, such as a vote.

When it boils down to it, you get credits for playing on the server a long time, and you can use that to buy some stuff such as titles. That's probably about as much as loyal players should be able to get, otherwise the sales of donor will go down.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

The reason why certain 'perks' are locked behind the Donator rank, is because as mentioned above, the general public can easily abuse the commands.
It would also de-value donating overall.

I have a hunch this was meant to be unlockable via the in-game credits' store. And I'm strongly against putting non-cosmetics as a potential reward from there.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
If you gave loyal users anything, it would have to be something donors did not already have access to and both donors and regular users would have to be able to access it.

Give people who haven't paid the same perks as donors purely for playing a long time and people will stop buying donor.

It also shouldn't be anything that can affect the game, such as a vote.

When it boils down to it, you get credits for playing on the server a long time, and you can use that to buy some stuff such as titles. That's probably about as much as loyal players should be able to get, otherwise the sales of donor will go down.
With X amount of credits you can buy donator now as well. So if you play long enough you get donator for 1 month.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Wouldn't it be better to give them the chance to get some exclusive in-game tags that you can only get from being a active player or something like that? I don't really think that you should receive anything for being active but hey that's my opinion on it.

Kriz

Strange

Kriz

Maybe no so much as a rank but just daily log in bonuses for active members, this could range from credits, titles or just one time use commands. An active member could be also be able to use !ccc and the tag name could me [Active] or something of the sort.

Mortem

Notably Dangerous
I do like the idea but don't give donor perks out for free to "loyal" players, give them something that neither a normal player or a donor has. Add something like a trail or something small like that.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I do like the idea but don't give donor perks out for free to "loyal" players, give them something that neither a normal player or a donor has. Add something like a trail or something small like that.
Donor already has the footsteps which is basically a trail.

Kriz

Strange

Kriz

Could give the loyal member a custom vote, for example he could create his own kind of vote for a minigame on jb like "Who wins" and the answers could be 2 different players to determine who won the minigame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom