Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed A Discord verification system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Can we have a channel where admins can verify if a person is indeed a person or if they're a bot.

Updated and more detailed:
We can make a role called "verify" and people who join immediately get that role and only have access to 2 channels. The only people they will be able to interact with is admins and other users who have the "verify" role. They won't be able to see anyone else. They get a channel called #verification and a channel called #temp-requesthelp. They HAVE to say something in #verification in order to get their verify role removed. The #temp-requesthelp is for people who join and need immediate help on the servers. Keep in mind, that some people join the discord server to get help.

If any of you want to add on or have a better idea, please share.

Last edited:

theawesomecrispy

Somewhat Threatening

Crispy

With the recent bots joining to advertise their scam, and the raid we had a week or so ago, this is almost necessary, maybe enable the option that makes it so you have to verify and be in the discord for 10 minutes.
high security.png

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

Make it so that this #verification channel is only seen or accessed by recently joined members and staff/whatever staff are in charge of the process. That way the potential bots won't be able to dm anyone else on the server.

I disagree on the #requesthelp access because eeeeeevery other server member has access to#requesthelp, and it'd be counter-intuitive to allow that permission as well.

hali

Notably Dangerous
We would have to put another waiting room that everyone currently in the server would have to go through. I propose an automod instead

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

There are Discord bots that can be used to setup "CAPTCHAs" for new users to verify themselves in custom ways, for example one way that i myself implemented under discord servers that Ive staffed was pretty much forcing new members to read the rules and type a specific phrase within the rules to be verified, probably could be a solution to this,all it needs is an extra channel that can only be seen by staff and new members, upon verifying themselves the user receives a role that allows them to see every channel and so on

I too suggest an automod bot, it easily prevents raids

alex_

Truly Feared
There are 2 way I know how to make a Verification system.

1. Server Captcha Bot as BananAsriel said.

2. "React to this message to be Verified!" You can do this by using MEE6 Bot, Dyno Bot, Carl Bot, Reaction Roles Bot or YAGPDB Bot. Watch tutorials if you don't know how to make this, its really easy.

Last edited:

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

The bot idea sounds fine but not the 10 min in server thing. If people need help a lot can happen in 10 min especially if there is a aimbot or something so im voting for bot only

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Jermbo

I think this treads a good idea "like NOW!" since we have Minecraft ads bot raids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom