Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

a custom file to mute cart-pushing noises

Zak[DZ]

Strange
So basically i was so annoyed by the bug that highertower has where it'll keep playing cart_rolling.wav and cart_rolling_grind.wav 1-4 non-stop although stationary and i googled a fix and it was very simple , i just had to reload the sounds by snd_restart but that froze the game for a second or two and its annoying to keep re-doing it every time so instead i created some empty .wav files to overwrite the actual cart pushing sounds and i thought how useful it'd be to others so here i am sharing it. setup process is really simple , just copy the file as it is given and paste it inside of tf>custom (obviously unzip it).
To restore the original sounds just delete the given file from your 'custom' directory.

Below are instructions on how to make your own modifications to TF2's sounds :

Creation process is really simple, you just need to create a file matching the original's attributes being 'the name' , 'the type' (wav or mp3) and 'the rate' (usually 44100 Hz).
You'll need to install GCFScape to open the .vpk files in-relation to the sounds you want to modify , there's two files under the 'tf' directory tf2_sound_vo_enlglish_dir which contains all the vocalisations and the tf2_sound_misc_dir which contains the rest of the sounds. just open one of them using GCFScape , locate the folder in which is the sound that you want to change , This sound list might help you locate the said folder , note down the file's type and name and rate. Create a new project in any digital audio editing software containing the changes you want to make to the original sound , then export that file from the project (don't forget to match the mentioned attributes) then simply create a new folder and name it sound , within it create another folder and name it as the original sound's type (misc , items , vo ) then paste your newly created audio file within the latter then put the created 'sound' file within any folder inside of 'tf>custom' , do NOT place it directly under 'tf>custom' but rather create any new folder then name it whatever you want then put the 'sound' file inside of it , so for example this is correct : 'tf>custom>insertname>sound>items>cart_rolling.wav' and this is wrong : 'tf>custom>sound>items>cart_rolling.wav'

Attachments

• Deafen Cart Noises.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom