Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined 3 seconds chance JB rule suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Hello there BLW staff, since a lot of drama has been happening around, a lot of people gets upset about strict warden and rules, so i want the rules to be updated

I would like a rule about guards giving reds at least 3 seconds to follow orders, since some blus are point hungry and will kill red not giving enough time to react, if reds didn't follow orders for at least 3 and gets killed it would be consider freekill

Any thoughts, i would like your replies about this rule?

• Haha
Reactions: Jim

TheTrueChampion

Strange
+1.

I feel like this would be good as it gives Prisoners a chance to follow an order when it's said.

Pienamai

Face Melting
3 seconds is quite a lot of time
It's already basically implied to give people enough time to react, no need to write it down

trippmeister

Unremarkable
+1

This actually makes blus feel a lot more refreshed, think we need this thanks, but it should be 5 seconds since not everyone has a good reaction time

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member
What's going to stop a red, within those three seconds, to run up to a guard within that 3 second timespan and complain of freekill.

It needs to be specified in any change in this regard that reds must actively be attempting to follow the order within this time frame.

• Hampter

trippmeister

Unremarkable
people who literally play the game hate sitting for 8 minutes over a .5 reaction time of not being afk frozen. if you ask me that sounds way more reasonable and this is 100% the reason why people complain about freekill

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
It's just a game bro.

3 seconds is quite a lot of time
It's already basically implied to give people enough time to react, no need to write it down
Not really, as 9 mins in a round, is relatively short for 3 secs. Not to motion that pings-wise.

Pienamai

Face Melting
It's common sense to give time to listen to the order, I've never seen anyone die due to not having enough time to react
People usually die to not afking on markers/lines, not due to not having the time to react
Additionally, reds now having this 3 second grace period could lead to some issues, for example
A red gaining a lot of bhop speed after warden died, and after the new warden gave the order to afk freeze that red would have 3 seconds to escape, that's a lot of distance he can travel in 3 seconds
A warden giving an order to follow him, following it up with an afk freeze order after noticing the reds are getting too close. The reds would still have 3 seconds to close in on him before having to afk.
3 seconds are a lot more than it seems, and this issue is such a minor issue adding this rule would only cause more issues imo.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Absolutely not. Any set "grace period" would be abused by both teams. Guards should already be using common sense to determine whether or not reds are being compliant with an order, without having to rely on an arbitrary number. This would also create yet another problem with trying to run FRLR or similar game modes.

trippmeister

Unremarkable
it's not really a minor issue as the Ana Overwatch drama is still really hot because of this. this has been a really huge complaint on the server so adding 3 seconds would be a bigger boost because we constantly have to wait every 8 minutes just because we slightly moved our mouse .5 seconds after the order was given. this is literally the biggest complaint of JB and somehow you disregard it despite numerous people complaining about this certain topic. adding this rule would be so much better and lively and active

jabbar

Strange
Absolutely not. Any set "grace period" would be abused by both teams. Guards should already be using common sense to determine whether or not reds are being compliant with an order, without having to rely on an arbitrary number. This would also create yet another problem with trying to run FRLR or similar game modes.
thinking about thai food rn

Attachments

• BlaringChillyBellsnake-size_restricted.gif
    BlaringChillyBellsnake-size_restricted.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 44

Pienamai

Face Melting
it's not really a minor issue as the Ana Overwatch drama is still really hot because of this.
Feel as if this issue is riding really hard off this
People rarely get killed due to not having enough time to react to the order, people get killed because they aren't following the orders after arriving at the set destination.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

You don't need 3 seconds to follow an order.

A rule that states that reds should be given an opportunity to follow orders is a bit unnecessary imo.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
If anything like this would be implemented into the rules, it should only be about "move" orders, like moving to the yellow line from the cells or moving to the next markers. Give them some time to move, but I do agree that this should be common sense and I myself have stood next to reds for probably too long so they could catch up.

For anything like AFK freeze, that should always be (nearly) instant, as there is a reason it is being yelled after a warden dies.
After AFK freeze being said, the reds should stop as soon as possible, I do however see an argument to be made to either specify that guards should not just instantly kill someone if they haven't moved quickly enough, or to make it at least clear on the servers (or through reports) that that should be the case with warnings.

This does come from the Ana drama, and this suggestion should basically be "make sure that Guards are not overzealous".
We need to keep in mind that it is still a game.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
"make sure that Guards are not overzealous"
What I hightlighted in bold is probably the core root of the issue at hand, a lot of guards are incredibly overzealous and end up taking the game so seriously that its like a US election campaign to them, but that's not what this suggestion is about

If I'm being honest this isnt too necessary. People who dont react in time eventually learn to do so, JB (fortunately or unfortunately) isnt a place to babysit people who can't react in a reasonable timeframe. Theres a better way to implement this probably that doesnt give room for abuse hopefully, and until then, just no

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Declining based on votes and the reasons mentioned but if anyone thinks of a better solution feel free to make another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom