Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed 2Fort Rules

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Heya Peeps!

Not sure if a post about this has been done before but since I hadn't seen one, I figured I would make one. While 2fort is one of the "lesser" maps on BlackWonder I thought it should still have a rules section.
I know the General rules apply but there are rules in 2fort that aren't listed here or in the server itself. Like spawn camping for example. A lot of the times even the staff needs to confirm with each other about rules for there because there is no template for them to look at. Not sure if the staff have a separate one that is not public but I think a visual for the players would be welcome and very helpful. Really don't know if this would get any weight behind it but I hope it does as I believe it would help negate a lot of !calladmin calls for the staff.
My 2 cents

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Servers that use 2Fort, Hightower, Mario Kart, and so on are grouped under Deathmatch Rules.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

2Fort servers are under the category "Deathmatch rules" which has 1 rule: No spawn camping.

Do you have anything else that you think should be added?

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Could you suggest any?
Not talking about making new ones. They already have rules. They just can't be found is all.

Servers that use 2Fort, Hightower, Mario Kart, and so on are grouped under Deathmatch Rules.
Ok. Never been told that before from staff when asking prior. But don't you think it should not be under that? I mean 2fort isn't really a deathmatch but a Capture map. I don't think the public would be looking under Deathmatch for 2fort rules. Least I didn't.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Orange maps aren't really deathmatch either, they're control point maps. Do you know a better word for them? :d

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

But don't you think it should not be under that? I mean 2fort isn't really a deathmatch but a Capture map. I don't think the public would be looking under Deathmatch for 2fort rules. Least I didn't.
Though it should be clearer what servers these rules apply to, it would be pointless to have several sections of the Rules reserved for a single map each repeating the same rule over and over.

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

2Fort servers are under the category "Deathmatch rules" which has 1 rule: No spawn camping.

Do you have anything else that you think should be added?

Unfortunately, the wider community in general don't recognize 2Fort as a Deathmatch mode so if anyone is checking up !Rules in either Forums or on the 2Fort servers, it wouldn't be something that they would choose to see what rules would apply to that specific map.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Though it should be clearer what servers these rules apply to, it would be pointless to have several sections of the Rules reserved for a single map each repeating the same rule over and over.

I agree! But some way for people to know that "Deathmatch" also apply to these other servers. As most aren't going to look at it as Deathmatch since there is an Objective outside of just killing the enemy.

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

Orange maps aren't really deathmatch either, they're control point maps. Do you know a better word for them? :d

Very good question that you've raised

I think it would make things a lot easier for both the admins and any gamers who play in the 2Fort, Mario Kart, or Hightower servers to have these made a lot clearer. Admins know and understand that the 'Deathmatch' section covers those maps, however no one else will. Deathmatch means something else completely to the gaming community. Is it possible to give it a name that better matches the modes?

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the people who deliberately spawn camp most likely haven't read the rules. In fact easily more than 90% of the people haven't read the rules. It won't make a huge difference if we rename the section or if we put it in General rules.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Another thing I'd like to point out is that the people who deliberately spawn camp most likely haven't read the rules. In fact easily more than 90% of the people haven't read the rules. It won't make a huge difference if we rename the section or if we put it in General rules.

While I can't say that it is a fact in my experience or mostly the case, If that is the fact then shouldn't we try to promote it? I mean we have the rules posted when you enter the server so we are already making an attempt to change that. Why not continue on that path to make it better?

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

That may be true on some occasions, however there are many who do follow the rules, but will use stickies and buildings (ie level 3 sentries) outside spawn doors as there are other servers/communities that allow spawncamping in this manner. "Spawn Campers" aren't isolated to "deliberate Rule Breakers". There are some who are simply used to playing elsewhere.

And the 'Spawn Camping' Rule was specifically put into the Rules on log in to the 2Fort servers a couple of months ago. We were made aware recently, that when the rules were refreshed for the 2Fort servers that the spawn camping rule was inadvertantly left out due to time restrictions and was said it is hoped to be included again in the near future when time allows.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Here is my idea, we put "No spawn camping" in General rules, delete Deathmatch rules and put "Spawn camping allowed" in trade rules. Would that be alright?

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom