Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

130-140 ping constantly on deathrun #2 server

Mata Terakhir

Strange
Hey I've been having around 130-140 ping on deathrun #2 server for the past 1 or 2 weeks, even though I used to have 30-50 ping since I'm from the EU. Any known causes or solutions? I don't have this issue on other servers.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Try the troubleshooting steps listed here by running a tracert:

This will list where your internet hops get sent, and determines if the lag is on your end or ours.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The command list would give you a list of IPs. Those are tracable to certain locations.
If you search up the locations in a list, it'll show where your internet is being sent to.
I use websites like this (https://www.showmyip.com/bulk-ip-lookup/) to show pins on where the locations are.
If your internet is being sent across to another continent to connect to a local region, there is some issue with your network routing.

Mata Terakhir

Strange
Right so I checked it with that website and every point seems to stay in Europe, never goes to another continent. Furthest point is Ireland. What now?

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
does it go to other countries?
hopping a continent usually adds around 100 to 200 ping, so if it makes multiple hops from one end of europe to another, it would add around 50 to 100 ping

Mata Terakhir

Strange
It seems to be solved now, for the moment, I once again have 30-40 ping. I haven't changed anything, and the same amount of people use the internet in my home. I'll report it if it goes back up again. Thanks for the help.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
the same amount of people use the internet in my home
that has a negligible effect on your latency.
Right, it's back to 130-140. Idk what's changing.
It's not on your end, it's likely on your internet provider's end. They're not using the optimal route for your internet.
Imagine this: you need to fly from london to the US east coast. The easiest way is to fly across the atlantic ocean. What your Internet provider does however, is they send your flight to asia, then to africa, then to australia, then to the US west coast before finally bringing you to the east coast. The time it took to get there is longer. that's basically what I think is happening to your internet connection (the example was a lot more extreme though)
This happened to me before, and when I called my provider they told me one of the main internet cables under the ocean was being maintained and was not operating, meaning they had to make a detour, increasing my ping. After a while it got fixed and my ping went back to normal.

Mata Terakhir

Strange
It still keeps happening, but not all the time. Sometimes the ping is ok, sometimes it isn't. So judging by this, there's not much I can do, is there?

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
This may or may not be related to some issues other people have been experiencing on other servers. We're actively working on a fix.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom