Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined 。✧Seabas The Goat✧。's Moderator Application

Xiao Ling

Username:
。✧Seabas The Goat✧。

Name
Joe

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year.
I have 18 hours, 19 minutes, 42 seconds

Have you been punished in the last 60 days?
No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days?
No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply?
Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:629891938

Your DiscordID
Kermi's Simp#0667

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes, not of tf2 however.

Which servers have you previously managed?
I have been admin on multiple other games other than tf2, I was staff on Gerry's Mod Dark RP servers such as Smokes DRP, Jungle RP, Elitepus RP. I have been staff on some Minecraft servers such as Myron, Minehut server boxpvpm. I was staff on Hypixel as a build battle moderator. all of these positions were from mod to head admin.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I play on Jailbreak US

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become mod because although I do not have many hours on the server I still appreciate the community as well as made a few nice friends along the way and I know that I will be apart of this community for a long time for that reason I believe becoming staff will help keep this Blackwonder server one of the best Jailbreak servers I know.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members?
No

How often do you play TF2?
Every single day.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate

Comms

Calling out undercover admin: 12hr>3d>1w>1m gag/mute

Hacks adverts: Perm gag/mute

Offensive behaviour (racism, homophobia, pedophilia, ect): Warning>2hr>12hr>1d>3d>1w>1m>Perm gag/mute

Spam/Micspam (earrape, yelling, flooding chat, ect): Warning>30min>2hr>6hr>12hr>1d>3d>1w>1m>Perm gag/mute

Different language in voice: Warning>30min>1hr>3hr>6hr>12hr>1d>3d>1w mute

Bans

Inappropriate spray/objector/avatar/nickname: If person refuses to change>Perm sprayban 2hr>3hr>4hr>12hr ban

Hacking/cheating (Record demo, medal clip, radeon, ect.): if unsure ask other staff>Perm ban

!calladmin abuse: 12hr>1d>3d>1w>1m ban

Exploiting: Guard (free hitting, free killing, ect,): Slay>1hr>3hr>6hr>12hr>1d>3d>1w ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I understand that I am under the required amount of hours however I believe I would be a good pick for a new staff member Because I have plenty of experience as well as I am mature for my age. I will also be spending much more time on the server and love the community.

I have a clear working mic and perfect English because I am born in Canada and can speak fluent English with close to none accent and is very easy to understand.

I'm online a lot of the time after school and during nights my time which is Mountain Daylight Saving Time.

I have not been punished once is the past.

I always answer messages on Discord unless I am attending school.

Are you proficient in languages other than English?
No I am not.

IMORTANT
I have done some more research on how to moderate a tf2 jailbreak server and I have come up with a better demonstration on how I would punish players. as well as made many other changes to my staff application.

:D

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Good day, Seabas,

I'll be quickly popping by and giving my two cents about your application.

If someone is mic spamming: I would tell them to stop in chat as well as vc if I have a chance however if they do not stop and I have the powers to temp mute them I will temp mute them and guard ban them for the appropriate amount of time.
You would teamban a mic spammer? Could you explain your thought process behind this?

If someone is hacking: if someone is obviously using cheats and I see that they are I will ban them for the required amount of time.
please elaborate on this. "required amount of time" is a little vague, since that's a subjective way of putting it.

If someone is being toxic/flaming other players: I will warn them to stop and if they continue flaming I will mute them and guard ban them for the required amount of time.
Once again, you would teamban someone for being rude? Could you explain your thought process?

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes
I can't seem to find any punishments on your record...?

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes
I'm sorry for being blunt, but I highly doubt you've read the guide. Please read it here and update your application accordingly.

About your chatlogs: There is nothing bad, because there is nothing there.
From what I found, there are only 2 chatlog entries that are not !commands.

In summary: Although your portfolio of prior experience is impressive at first glance (I cannot verify if your claims are true or not, at least for now) I doubt you're ready to become a staff member mainly due to the lack of experience of how our server operates. Your listed punishments are rather odd and vague and you used the wrong terms (guardban isn't really something we say here).
Your playtime is quite low, and judging from our logs: https://tfstats.tf/player/26144568 you only started actively playing around a week ago, which is quite short.

Please update your application with more details, and I wish you the best of luck with applying for staff.

Thanks and have a great day.

Xiao Ling

Good day, Seabas,

I'll be quickly popping by and giving my two cents about your application.

You would teamban a mic spammer? Could you explain your thought process behind this?

please elaborate on this. "required amount of time" is a little vague, since that's a subjective way of putting it.

Once again, you would teamban someone for being rude? Could you explain your thought process?

I can't seem to find any punishments on your record...?

I'm sorry for being blunt, but I highly doubt you've read the guide. Please read it here and update your application accordingly.

About your chatlogs: There is nothing bad, because there is nothing there.
From what I found, there are only 2 chatlog entries that are not !commands.

In summary: Although your portfolio of prior experience is impressive at first glance (I cannot verify if your claims are true or not, at least for now) I doubt you're ready to become a staff member mainly due to the lack of experience of how our server operates. Your listed punishments are rather odd and vague and you used the wrong terms (guardban isn't really something we say here).
Your playtime is quite low, and judging from our logs: https://tfstats.tf/player/26144568 you only started actively playing around a week ago, which is quite short.

Please update your application with more details, and I wish you the best of luck with applying for staff.

Thanks and have a great day.
Hello TheCrappyCompletionist,

Edited my application accordingly.

Okay I will go through these from top to bottom

1. I would teamban them for as long as they are muted because they cannot be on blue team without a mic, therefor they cannot speak they cant be on blue team for the chance of them being warden

2. "required amount of time" means the amount of time as staff I would ban someone for hacking, personally for me I would ban perm however Iam unaware of your servers rules on banning cheater. It could be 6 months or something.

3. Same one number one. If someone is muted they cannot be on blu team for the chance of becoming warden. If this server has different circumstances I am open to obliging them.

4. I believe that was a miss click, sorry for the inconvenience.

5. I understand everything that you're saying here and I will update the application accordingly. I have many hours on other jailbreak servers where "guardban" is something relevant, sorry If I miss understand the servers "inner workings" however I am going to fix that and become familiar to the servers ways.

I understand that my playtime is low however I can learn quickly and will begin fixing the things that I have miss interpered as well as some things to get familiar with.

Have a good day as well.

Edit: I have edited the staff application, the very bottom part is me explaning the miss understandings in more detail.

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
1. I would teamban them for as long as they are muted because they cannot be on blue team without a mic, therefor they cannot speak they cant be on blue team for the chance of them being warden
If you read the guide, you'd know that a mute will automatically teamban the user:
1648820769691.png

2. "required amount of time" means the amount of time as staff I would ban someone for hacking, personally for me I would ban perm however Iam unaware of your servers rules on banning cheater. It could be 6 months or something.
I asked for more details because we'd like to know your ideas of what is considered the "right length". If you're accepted in, you'd learn our standard procedures to follow.

update the application accordingly
There is an "edit" button under the main post. Please use that and edit your application with more information.

Thanks for your time.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom