Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ☻Oni鬼's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

☻Oni鬼

Username: ☻Oni鬼

Name
☻Oni鬼

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/5542916

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:94848681

Your DiscordID
Oni#7750

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
It was like 4 years ago, the server doesn't exist anymore, but it was a modded orange server, called "Achelo [FR]" if i remember right, pop was peaking around 10-15 players at its peak. Then another server that was a surf server , i don't think it's still online and don't remember the name to be honest. Talking about other games, i was a Moderator on a Garry's Mod DARKRP Server called HavanaRP (one of the biggest French RP server). I am no longer Moderator on this server since i stopped playing it and now focusing on TF2 and IRL stuff.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I play almost only on EU Dodgeball (157.90.177.48:27030) and a bit on EU Dodgeball Advanced 128Ticks (157.90.177.48:27060) , so one of those 2 servers would be my choice.

(Preferably EU Dodgeball since i don't play too much on the Advanced one).

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Well, I'll be straight to the point and honest, I might have had a bad/toxic period for some times in my life, so my chatlogs will probably not please you. (Complaining like "Laggy Sh*t Server !" or crying on other people being better than me , etc.) But between some of those messages, you can also find a good amount of friendly ones, lot of "gg's" and even messages of me welcoming & helping new players, or answering some people's questions).

So I guess everyone has the right to be given a second chance, and I honestly hope that some of my behavior in the text chat, will not affect my application too much. Even more since I'm actually changing this bad behavior and now turning to a more chill & nice guy.

For the second point of honesty, I think I got punished once or twice a long time ago, some things like a gag (I don't even remember the reason if you ask me) aaand maybe a slay for stealing a rocket or two.

Now that this is said, we can go on with the application,
I really like Dodgeball, and like to help new people and punish bad ones, I've always been like this, and that's what I was doing in my previous experiences as Moderator on other servers. I like to answer questions and teach new players how a gamemode works, etc... I'm really open minded and chill. There is no stupid questions in my opinion , every questions even the ones that may seem stupid, have an answer. Even if it's something basic, some people don't know so let's just answer them.

I also hate it when people are being idiots, or toxic. And this is actually one of the main reason why I decided to become Donator. Beside helping the servers to survive, as you can probably see in some kind of logs, I also use my Donator Commands (wisely of course, trying to not abusing it) , I did some /votespec on some AFKs, I had to /voteslay some griefers a few times). I remember one of them was a guy following his teammates just to get him killed every round by the rocket because he didn't like his teammate, etc...
So yeah, I guess I'm kind of already doing the Moderator role, within the limits of my powers (Donator commands) and when no staff members are on the server, yet it doesn't need a !calladmin.
As I said, if it's just a little /votespec or /voteslay here and there, to stop some griefers or move some AFKs into Spectators. No need to disturb a Staff Member for that.

I've been playing on your servers for a few years now, and i have seen a lot of things during that time.
Good things and bad things, I've met really good people, and also seen some really toxic & game breaking people.
So after more than 8 years of playing TF2, 3-4 years playing on Blackwonder Servers, and donating for the past 6-7 months (I could re-check that in my donate.blackwonder.tf/dashboard if needed), I finally decided to apply for Moderator and help the Community even more.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Bütler, Chill (69), Silorak, GothBunny (not a lot of talking with GothBunny tho).
NOTE: I had some recent name changes so if they don't know me, tell them about "dur.exe" or "Noob" or "Smile (☻)"

How often do you play TF2?
Everyday, multiple hours. (More details later)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Ways of punishing players:

(Dodgeball):

Stealing rockets:
First: A verbal Warning.
Second: Slay
Third: Kick.
Fourth: 3 days Ban.
Fifth: One week.
Sixth: One month.
Seventh: perma ban.

Blocking rockets:
First: Verbal Warning
Second: Slay.
Fourth: 1 hour ban.
Fifth: 1 day ban.
Sixth: One week ban.
Seventh: One month ban.
Eighth: Perma ban.

Delaying the round using the rocket (Including map abuse to block the rocket outside the map):
First offence: Slay (to unstuck the round so other players can play) + Verbal Warning
Second: Kick.
Third: 3 Days Ban
Fourth: 1 Week ban
Fifth: 1 month ban
Sixth: Perma ban.

(General):

Donor abusing his perks:
First: 1 day ban.
Second:3 days ban.
Third: 1 week ban.
Fourth:2 weeks ban + Donor removal.

Insults , Racism, & Hard Toxicity:
First: 30mins mute/gag
Second: 2hours mute/gag
Fourth: 1 week ban.
Fifth: 1 month ban.
Sixth: Permaban.

Advertisement is a 30mins mute, if it happens a second time, it's a perma gag/mute.

Hacking/cheating is an instantly permaban after sufficient evidence has been recorded and hacking is confirmed.

Any NSFW sprays is an immediate spray ban.
If they wish to appeal the decision, they can do it on the forums.

The "!calladmin abuse is a 3 day ban for the first occurrence.
Second: 1 week ban.
Third: 1 month.
Fourth: Permaban.

Punishment evasion:
(This one is really subjective, and depending on the type of punishement being evaded)

If you evade a simple 30mins gag, it will result in a 2hours gag , evade this one too ? 1 day ban, still evading? 1month, then evading again permaban (for example).
Basically increasing it like that.

Now if you evade something bigger such as let's say anything above a 1 week ban, I will probably perma ban instantly.
I'm not here to play stupid games with you, so if you evade a small punishment, it will just increase on your evading accounts, now if you evade something bigger than a week ban, that's a straight perma-ban for your alternative account.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I work on an alternating cycle.
-1 week from 5AM to 1:30PM
-The next week , from 1PM to 9PM.
Meaning that I'm available either every morning , either every afternoon, depending on the week I'm currently on.
(Week A , I'll be available every afternoon for instance, then Week B i'll be available every morning+nights, up to 3AM) Then repeat the cycle. WeekA-WeekB-WeekA-WeekB, you get it.

NOTE: Not inclunding weekends.
I'm free everyday of every weekends.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? I was born French, and bilingual American (USA) ,so i can speak perfectly French & fluent English.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
I have no experience with you, your app looks good, I wish you good luck

Butlër

Deadshot
Staff Member
Admin

Butlër

Hi! Nice seeing an application for Dodgeball, so first things first!

1683499629871.png

You have good playtime.

-Chat logs are really not okay.
1683499842833.png
1683499851041.png

-2 prior punishments on record, none are recent.

Now that's done, I'd like to share my personal input:
We're met quite a few times on the Dodgeball servers before and I personally haven't really had any issues with you, you're good to be around besides the occasional outbursts you may have.

However, what I'd like to see more of from you is helping people on the servers maybe even on Discord in cases they have questions. This is not something you have to do but it also lets us know that you're willing to put in the time and effort for the betterment of the community.

One thing: Who? 😡
1683500001637.png

Once again, it's nice seeing a Dodgeball application and henceforth good luck on said app!

☻Oni鬼

Hi! Nice seeing an application for Dodgeball, so first things first!

View attachment 32179
You have good playtime.

-Chat logs are really not okay.

-2 prior punishments on record, none are recent.

Now that's done, I'd like to share my personal input:
We're met quite a few times on the Dodgeball servers before and I personally haven't really had any issues with you, you're good to be around besides the occasional outbursts you may have.

However, what I'd like to see more of from you is helping people on the servers maybe even on Discord in cases they have questions. This is not something you have to do but it also lets us know that you're willing to put in the time and effort for the betterment of the community.

One thing: Who? 😡View attachment 32182

Once again, it's nice seeing a Dodgeball application and henceforth good luck on said app!
Hi Butler,
First of all thanks a lot for your time and answer,
Indeed, as said in my application, those chatlogs really aren't nice and i'm aware of it... It makes me cringy just even watching the screenshot you sent. But hey, let's give it a try and if my application gets denied well, it's life, it happens.
Thanks for your wish , have a good day my guy.

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
You will have to be a bit more mature in chat, I'm looking at some recent logs and you should take a look at them too

☻Oni鬼

You will have to be a bit more mature in chat, I'm looking at some recent logs and you should take a look at them too
Aright, I'm taking note, I will keep working on it.
Thanks for your answers and time, have a good day/evening.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi,

I dug for even more logs, but I won't post them. I think we've all seen enough. To accept this application so soon after such copious slur usage and toxicity would be an endorsement of such destructive behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom