Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending John Dungus's Moderator Application

John Dungus

Username: John Dungus

Name
John Dungus

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/10183526

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:44462649

Your DiscordID
Portaleffect

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Intox Jailbreak

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
Jailbreak and/or other servers if help is needed

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I believe I’m able to distinguish and enact fair and reasonable judgment and punishments on an individual case by case basis

I think jailbreak in particular has a problem with lack of present moderation at current times.

TF2 jailbreak is something I’ve played ever since I began in 2012 so I have a very solid grasp on the entire gamemode and general rules (though I know they differ from server to server)

I managed to secure a moderator spot in a jailbreak server (2013-2016ish) when Intox was a larger company than it is today so I have knowledge on how to moderate as well as a broad understanding of the source engine

Ps
(I also manage IRL at my job so I think I know how to deal with most people)

PsPs
(Blackwonder is the best bc we get unlocked bhop 🥰)

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
That’s a long list. I think I’ve spoken to and made known my presence to every moderator (on jailbreak) and some admins. To list a few I’ve spoken most to:

Honey
Mehf
Ducklurch
Deitific Presence

How often do you play TF2?
Almost daily after work

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
1st: Check what the current ONGOING problem is (does immediate action need taken? Racial slurs, Micspam, etc.)
2nd: Check past chat/warns/bans. Has this player offended previously, what was it, what action was already taken.
3rd: Appropriate actions taken based off conclusive evidence

I believe it’s important to hear our players a lot of the time.
Some people have a bad day and say things they don’t mean etc. If you rule with an iron fist, players are unlikely to want to return to BLW. So I believe chances should be given in a lot of cases

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I’m a spy main sorry

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Gangsta

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
What was your tag on intox? You joined their discord after their inactive period and are without clan tags.

John Dungus

What was your tag on intox? You joined their discord after their inactive period and are without clan tags.
I’m no longer affiliated with intox in any way. I don’t even know if they have tf2 servers anymore. I am on their discord and inactive though. I join a lot of discords and don’t really do much

PortalEffect(s) was my name on intox during the period I played. some other aliases included
- - - (Triple dash)
TheWarden (I no longer have access to this account)

Jailbreak #2 in particular was the specific server.

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No
1714501986900.png

yes you were

Honey
Mehf
neither are staff

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
1st: Check what the current ONGOING problem is (does immediate action need taken? Racial slurs, Micspam, etc.)
2nd: Check past chat/warns/bans. Has this player offended previously, what was it, what action was already taken.
3rd: Appropriate actions taken based off conclusive evidence

I believe it’s important to hear our players a lot of the time.
Some people have a bad day and say things they don’t mean etc. If you rule with an iron fist, players are unlikely to want to return to BLW. So I believe chances should be given in a lot of cases
your response doesn't really indicate that you know which punishments are applied for which rules, which is what we're looking for. your method for acting is fine but we need you to elaborate

Just some extra details
1714502256105.png

Playtime is fine and sessions are growing more active

full list of priors
1714502474289.png
1714502495755.png
1714502509793.png
1714502575973.png

John Dungus

View attachment 35473
yes you were

neither are staff

your response doesn't really indicate that you know which punishments are applied for which rules, which is what we're looking for. your method for acting is fine but we need you to elaborate

Just some extra details
View attachment 35474

full list of priors
View attachment 35473
yes you were

neither are staff

Just some extra details
View attachment 35474

full list of priors
Actually totally forgot about that FF ban a few days ago. Meat grinder incident that believed to be legal FF

Donor teamban was actually a vote system abuse as well (donor ended the round shortly after calling vote to use a “majority win” vote exploit. That’s neither here nor there imho now.)

Honey and mehf were both staff at some point I always thought. Probably close to a year ago now?

As far as punishments go, for examples.

- if a player is spewing racist/hate speech.
(Instant mute 60 min for first offender)
(No tolerance after first offense. Perm mute. Would need appeal.)
(Some cases are more extreme than others in this specific area. Some I would perm mute instantly if it gets out of hand)

- if a player is MFK
(2 hour Teamban for first offense)
(1 day after second offense)
(Perm teamban for third offense)

- if a player is vote dodging/Alting
( ban. Needs appeal)

- if a player is caught posting phishing links
(Perm mute. No tolerance)

-if a player is caught with an inappropriate sign/spray

(Revoke privilege. Needs appeal and shown that it has been changed)

-if a Blu is purposely baiting/trolling reds
(1st offense Warn)
(2nd offense Slay)
(3rd offense 3 hour teamban)
(4 or more offenses would need specific punishments imo. Does he/she know the rules? Are they doing this repeatedly knowingly or unknowingly?)

Hope that clears up some of it. Any others in particular I can address.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
You've solidly cemented yourself as someone I have to watch, not someone who should be watching over others. Considering the last time you had donor we had to revoke it due to you going on a votekicking spree with Heckter, I'm not exactly supportive of you asking for even better perms now.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom